Traditional Artist Bursary 2023: Applications now open
Calling all Clare-based traditional artists*
glór, with the support of the Arts Council, is delighted to offer a Traditional Artist Bursary initiative for 2023. If you have a great idea for a new project in the traditional arts, we would like to offer you a budget, rehearsal space and mentorship to bring that project to life.
* We define a traditional artist as a traditional musician, singer, dancer, story-teller or practitioner of the oral arts such as agallamh beirte and lúibíní.
This award is open to freelance traditional artists living in Co. Clare, who have presented work in a professional context within the last year. Although they might not earn income continuously or exclusively from their arts practice, applicants must identify themselves, and be recognised by their peers, as professional performing artists.
What are the key dates involved?
- Friday 16th June – Applications Open
- Friday 7th July @ 4pm – Applications Close
- By Friday 14th July – Shortlisted applicants will be invited to interview during the week beginning 17th July
- Friday 21st July – Applicants will be notified of final outcome
- The proposed work can take place anytime between August and December 2023.
Any questions, email Niamh Collins at firstname.lastname@example.org
This award is managed by glór and funded by the Arts Council of Ireland.