In December 2020, glór launched a new initiative called Artist to Artist Mentoring to support Clare based artists during the pandemic. In the first three phases of the initiative, glór supported and provided work for 44 artists, and identified a keenness on the part of Clare artists to continue to be ambitious and expand their craft. This summer, we’re delighted to announce its continuation with the fourth wave of artists benefiting from the scheme and 8 artists chosen to take part, many of whom are already undertaking wonderful and enlightening sessions with their mentors.
Following our open call in March 2023, artists applied by identifying an area they were keen to develop in their artistry and nominated an individual with whom they wanted to develop and strengthen their craft in a series of one-to-one sessions. The 8 artists selected this year come from and are developing skills in a variety of artforms including literature, visual art, theatre, dance and music.
glór is delighted to announce the successful recipients as follows:
Visual and Performance Art:
- Frances Bermingham Berrow with mentor Alannah Robins
- Éanna Byrt with mentor Tom Collins
- Rachel Macmanus with mentor Inma Pavón
- Deirdre Devally with mentor Dr Emily Cullen
- Jacinta Sheerin with mentor Eoin Colfer
- Sophie Hutchinson with mentor Adam Benjamin
- Kate Hilder with mentor Andrew Morrish
- Amanda Ní Sheannáin with mentor Domhnall Ó Braonáin
Each mentoring pair will undertake 3-4 sessions together in a mixture of remote and in-person meetings, with a particular focus to upskill, develop and expand. All artists and mentors are paid for their time.
Supported by Creative Ireland and The Arts Council