Thanks to our screening partner access>CINEMA and Modern Films glór is delighted to present a summer season of online films for you to enjoy at home.
The Mole Agent | A Film by Maite Alberdi
Drama | Spanish | 84 min | Cert TBC | Subtitled
Rómulo is a private investigator hired to observe the activities of a retirement home where the staff have allegedly abused the elderly residents. He employs 83-year-old Sergio to go undercover and act as his spy from the inside. Posing as a new resident, Sergio records what at first appears to be irregular behaviour. But his camera is always late to capture the evidence, and he does not yield any concrete material. As the days go by, Sergio comes to understand and empathise with the residents’ loneliness. He begins to think his own family have forgotten about him, and starts to feel just like the other retirees. Gradually, and much to Rómulo’s displeasure, he comes to lose interest in his role as a detective.
Shortlisted – Best Documentary Feature and Best International Feature Film, Academy Awards.
How to Watch:
- If you would like to avail of a 15% discount on the purchase price of this film, please contact our Box Office on 065 6843103 from 10am – 2.30pm
- To watch the film straight away, click Play Now. The film will start.
- You’ll receive an email receipt of your purchase. If you want to watch later, Sign In, go to My Library and click Play Now when you are ready to view.
- Once you have rented your film, it will remain active in your Library for 72 hours. Once you click play, you will have 48 hours to finish watching.
- You can watch, stop, rewind, fast forward and re-watch as many times as you like.
- Some of our films may only be available for a shorter time period, due to licensing restrictions. Please read the film description carefully before purchasing.
- Please note that the film link is for your use only, please do not share this link.
access>CINEMA at Home provides a virtual cinema experience that allows glór to bring a new or recent film digitally to their audiences.
access>CINEMA at Home also aims to support independent cinema by returning some of the proceeds from screenings back to the participating film clubs and arts centres presenting the chosen films.