Directed by Lukas Dhont | Drama | Belgium, Netherlands, France, 2022 │104 Mins | 15A Subtitled
Thirteen-year-old Rémi and Léo are best friends, spending as much of their summer as possible with each other. But when the two boys start high school, their genuine and intense closeness is suddenly questioned and ridiculed by their peers. Léo starts to distance himself from his friend, leading to tragedy. The second film from Lukas Dhont (Girl) is unforgettably heart-breaking.
Festivals and Awards
- Cannes Film Festival 2022
- Sydney Film Festival 2022
- Karlovy Vary International Film Festival 2022
- BFI London Film Festival 2022
- Tallin Black Nights Film Festival 2022
- Winner – Grand Prix, Cannes Film Festival 2022
- Winner – Best Film, Sydney Film Festival 2022
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ … features terrific performances from youthful leads Eden Dambrine and Gustav De Waele … The Irish Times, Cannes Film Festival 2022
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ … tear-jerkingly sweet and tender … this is an exceptional film. BBC.com, Cannes Film Festival 2022
access>CINEMA is the resource organisation for regional cultural cinema exhibition in Ireland.
Our mission is to provide all audiences throughout Ireland with access to the best of Irish, world and independent cinema, via our national network of non-profit and voluntary organisations.