DEADLINE FRIDAY 21st APRIL
glór is pleased to announce the fourth stage of its Artist to Artist Mentoring scheme which supports Clare-based artists by facilitating a mentorship with an artist they admire. Open to visual and performance artists alike, glór will support up to 8 pairings by facilitating a series of 3-4 mentoring sessions from May to August.
After setting some initial goals, we suggest each mentoring session would last up to 2 hours, creating a constructive exchange that may focus on particular skills, techniques or challenges. Mentors do not need to be based in Clare and sessions can be online or by phone if not in person. All participants will be paid for their time (more details below).
If you are keen to partake in the programme but would like some assistance in identifying a mentor, glór would be happy to help with suggesting potential options. Please note that mentees need to identify and gain consent from the proposed mentor before applying.
There is also an option to enrich your experience by accessing professional coaching alongside mentoring sessions, working with a qualified Life & Business Coach.
‘I would highly recommend this amazing initiative to anyone who wishes to upskill their arts practice. The added bonus of one-to-one life coaching sessions was super, I would highly recommend that too!’ Mary Fahy, painter (2022)
Following the sessions, mentees will be asked to consider the value of the scheme and provide feedback on their experience through a short survey.
‘It is a precious opportunity to approach someone you might otherwise not be able to approach, to work with them privately and directly, and to learn about each other’s methods and practice.’ Sara Foust, painter (2022)
- Please note that this programme is open to professional artists and not to those currently in education.
- If you would like advice on potential mentors, please email email@example.com as soon as possible with details of your artform.
- To apply, please complete and submit the Google doc form by Friday 21st April, 5pm.
- Please note that all mentoring sessions need to be completed by 31st August 2023.
- Applications will be assessed and reviewed by members of the glór team, based on the demonstrated need and value for the artist applying, aiming to support artists in a range of genres.
- Both mentor and mentee will be paid €160 each per session, with the potential for up to 4 sessions. Payments will be made on receipt of invoices.
- glór plan to notify all applicants and those selected by Friday 5th May. Please note individual feedback cannot be provided if unsuccessful.
Supported by Creative Ireland and The Arts Council
Mick [Flannery] was a really great support and teacher, and provided a great balance between the technical aspects and also the creative mindset.” John Lillis, musician (2020)